Alright, so let see what you can do here. The first priority you can start with is to look for online stores that sell eco-friendly clothing. This is clothing that is made with recycled materials or who use coloring and dyes that are earth friendly with a production process that does little to pollute the earth. Bear in mind that the eco-fashion is basically more than just fashion really, but also how these things are made.
Next, we will briefly touch on how we can contribute to this.
- Always carry around one of those recyclable ‘green’ grocery bags with you that have the word Green on it. This way everyone knows you are all about green stuff.
- Look online for clothing stores that feature green or eco clothing and articles. A great place to look as well is vintage stores and thrift stores. Recycled clothing at it’s finest.
- Buy your jewelry from vintage stores and don’t go buying real pearls, ever.
- On that note, you cannot wear anything made from animals; no leather or suede and snakeskin boots are definitely out!
- If you use any kind of beauty product, from shampoo to makeup you have to be sure none of it was tested on animals, has no animal proteins or whale blubber or anything like that in them. There are specific places that sell eco friendly products of this nature, search them out.
- Your clothing should be made of cotton, silk, bamboo or any other type of sustainable thread. Clothing and shoes made from hemp is a great way to go for this look.
The Eco Youth look is not any one particular fashion or look, it’s all about what clothing you are wearing, what it is made of and how it was made. If you are wearing something that was made by a company who is serious about being green then wear whatever you want from them.
In short, eco Fashion is all about saving the planet and looking good while you do it.